In recent months, the 80s have infused our wardrobes, re-invented and with modern aesthetics: off-the shoulder tops and dresses, ruffles allover, oversized-everything, power suits and big shoulders (just to name a few).
When I spotted this blazer (here), I immediately remembered that day about 30 years back, strolling through my moms closet and adoring this cobalt blue jacket pumped up with some extra padding on the shoulders and a golden, two-fold button hemline. I couldn’t get my eyes off it!
As all trends come and go, I wish my mom would have kept the one or other fashion piece from the 80s, they would have had their revival these days! Anyone feeling the same?
To make these dramatic shoulders now work for me, I paired this Balmain inspired tailored blazer (one for an affordable budget!) with high waist skinny jeans and a classy striped shirt. White accessories and a baker boy cap (also trending this season!!) make off a fresh and modern finish.
This jacket is definitely not for wallflowers! Feel self-confident and let those shoulders transport this attitude!
Find my outfit here:
- Military look tailored blazer with pointy shoulders new (here) or alternative (on sale)
- Gucci Marmot white bag new (here) or (here)
- Gucci belt black new (here) or even better in white (here)
- Valentino Rockstuds new (here)
- Baker Boy Cap old (similar)
- Striped shirt old (similar)
- destroyed high waist jeans new (here)
Thanks for stopping by!